Sweater weather is here! Most people dread autumn and winter coz they’re picturing tons of layers and being bundled all the time… and you don’t get to show your outfit at all. Not a problem at all.. when the dreaded sweater itself is your outfit! Sweaters have an incredible quality of bringing cozy – chic vibes, just pair them right and you can look sexier than you might in a summer dress! As we’re rushing into winter and the holiday season, I thought I’d roundup my fav sweater and sweater weather looks !
1. One Shoulder hi-lo Sweater – My absolute favorite was the adorable off or one-shoulder cozy baby pink oversized sweater from Goodnight Macaroon. This one’s my favorite coz it has just so many attributes to it – the delicate woven details around the shoulder, the hi-lo hem, the cozy weave and of-course, the fragile pink ! :)Pairing it with these stunning Stuart Weitzman inspired Over the Knee Boots … you see what I mean with sexing up the outfit 🙂 Its still super cozy, but the off-shoulder and the OTK boots totally crank it up a notch.
2. Cold Shoulder Ribbed Sweater Dress – My second pick is a flattering cold-shoulder ribbed sweater dress from Forever21. This one’s such a classic with the ribbed details and is figure flattering yet comfortably warm for the season… but the cold shoulder cut-out details is what really makes this dress stand out!Throw on a cute pom-pom beanie and booties, you’re gonna look like a doll!
3. Longline Sweater – This is another versatile piece I picked up from Forever21. This takes you through fall and into the winter with the way you pair it. You could do the OTK boots and a cute summer straw hat the way I have, or wear it with tights and booties, and you’re gonna look fantastic!I carry this lil straw hat around coz its just so versatile – it was a summer accessory that now works perfectly even through sweaters and boots weather!
4. Polo and Plaid – How can we get through autumn without a basic ribbed polo neck top? Of course it had to make an appearance with my trusted plaid box-pleated mini skirt. OTK boots and my Kate Spade cross body to the accessorizing rescue !
5. Burgundy Halter Ribbed Sweater Dress – Burgundy is the color of autumn… so forgive me for bringing up a ribbed sweater dresses again, but they’re such a classic! You can find them in so many styles, I had to put one of my favs from this season up here. This one my husband picked up for me, at Forever21 again ! The halter neck is a lovely detail while the ribbed dress contours the body keeping you warm and looking absolutely fabulous! 🙂
6. Crop Sweater – Its boxy, its turtle neck, its throwing you off – its a Crop sweater! Paired with a pair of skinny jeans and a bold belt, a little bit of skin, the crop boxy sweater makes for a fantastic look. I picked this sweater and those ankle booties from Express at 50% off before thanksgiving, best purchase I made !
7. Off-shoulder Over sized sweater – I bet a whole lot of us has been guilty of buying sweaters that are huge for our body type just so we could drape it off one-shoulder? I certainly have! This one is one of my darling open-weave oversized (XL) sweaters I picked up at Express on a 70% sale! Paired it with skinny jeans, silver pumps and a red fedora – I’m set to take this season down! And that’s a wrap! With that, I hope I’ve been able to convince you that sweaters can be more than a gift from grandma! :)Follow my blog for details on where to shop each of these outfits. Thanks for taking the time to walk through my Autumn closet! 🙂